Since 1953 Bishop Noland Episcopal Day School has been providing academic excellence to a diverse student body in a Christian environment. In 2000, the Board of Trustees began a process of introspection and analysis of the school’s values and traditions in an effort to establish a long-range plan for the future of EDS. Part of that plan was to expand and develop an EDS high school. Through a successful $10 million capital campaign, Advancing the Vision, and the generosity and support from more than 150 donors, the new campus was opened in the Fall of 2020.
This campus, which enrolls 7th – 12th grade, features a park like setting with plan for future buildings, sports fields, and more!
The campus currently features:
- a competition size gymnasium with weight room and a state-of-the-art NOAH Shooting system
- a gorgeous Commons with ample space for students and faculty to come together for events, chapel, and meals
- two modern and light-filled music studios for fine arts
- two wings of classrooms designed for collaborative learning
- a stunning outdoor learning plaza
- new office spaces for administration, advancement, and curriculum faculty
- a fully stocked learning lake and wharf that students can fish from and kayak on during school hours
This unprecedented expansion allows EDS to realize its ultimate vision of becoming the area's premier college preparatory school. But we aren’t done! The board, faculty, and staff are already hard at work planning the future of this campus and discussing what will benefit our students and families most